Tell Me About Yourself
“Tell Me About Yourself…”
How to create a synergistic blend between your resume and interview “elevator pitch” to effectively tell your story.
Every person has a story to tell but how do you craft it in a way that will grab the attention of a hiring manager in as quick as a blink of an eye? BIT presents a two-part workshop focusing on building a resume and interview responses that will answer this all-important question and set you on the path to a successful job search.
Why should you attend this workshop?
- Not your typical resume and interviewing skills seminar.
- Methodology crafted from direct feedback from hiring managers, recruiters and employment specialists
- Taught by employment experts with decades of experience
- Good for all levels of experience from zero to multiple years’ and everything in between – structure is the same, content is different
- Designed specifically with professionals with disabilities in mind addressing issues from time gaps to disability disclosure
- Opportunity to practice learned skills with other attendees and sample resumes for all levels
- Required for those enrolled in the BIT Academy (must be completed prior to finishing your first course)
The first segment in our workshop will focus on the purpose of the question “Tell me about yourself” in the two main elements of a job search – the resume and the interview. We provide you with the tools to transform your resume from a task-oriented list to a document that will highlight your soft skills with result-based evidence that will immediately catapult you to the top of the pile. We then focus on how to tell your interviewer about yourself with maximum effectiveness within a minimum amount of time, gaining the interest of the hiring manager and setting the tone for the remainder of the interview.
The second segment of the workshop will dive deeper into the interview, identify additional stress questions, discuss disability disclosure, and tips for preparing for any interview. Attendees will have the opportunity to break into small groups to practice their newfound skills.
This is a can’t miss workshop for those professionals with disabilities who want to stand out in the stack of resumes and leave a positive impression with your interviewer. There are limited spaces available, so don’t delay in connecting with us to become an attendee.
Where: Google Meet — Meeting link will be provided to registered attendees
Who: Career-ready individuals with disabilities & those enrolled in the BIT Academy
How to Register: Send us an email!
We encourage all proactive, career-seeking professionals with disabilities, regardless of background and experience level, to attend this workshop. Academy students must complete this workshop. Hope to see you there!
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Note that all times are in US Mountain Time.
- Tuesday, January 17 & 24: 9am–10:30am
- Wednesday, February 15 & 22: 9am–10:30am
- Thursday, March 23 & 30: 9am–10:30 am