Salesforce Platform App Builder
The BIT Academy offers a fully remote, 6-week bootcamp designed to prepare students to sit for the Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam. Our goal is for everyone to certify. Like our other Salesforce bootcamps, this bootcamp is run primarily as independent study with a weekly group learning session led by a certified Salesforce admin and Platform App Builder with on-the-job experience. While most work is done on students’ own time and schedule through reading and hands-on exercises, class times are used for introducing new concepts and reviewing concepts studied during the week. Students are expected to dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week to hands-on activities, reading, and study, plus two hours in class and any time spent as part of a study group or attending office hours and one-on-one sessions with the instructor.
The BIT/Salesforce Advantage
- Salesforce’s Office of Accessibility partners with BIT to unlock opportunities for our students! We frequently have guest speakers from Salesforce, and our students are eligible for mentoring by Salesforce employees
- Salesforce provides Certification vouchers for the Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam and we work closely with Trailhead Accessibility to make certain students’ accommodation needs are met when they sit for the exam
Who Should Attend this Bootcamp?
Candidates who are best suited for this bootcamp will possess the following:
- Previous knowledge of the Salesforce platform, demonstrated through either prerequisite superbadges OR previous Salesforce certification.
- A desire to continue their career in the Salesforce ecosystem
- Analytical thinking and the ability to innovate and find new solutions to problems
- Determined, methodical, patient mindset, a determination to overcome obstacles, and independent problem solving skills
- A minimum of 20 hours per week outside of class time to apply themselves to the material being covered
- The ability to independently complete the hands-on work, most of which will be somewhat familiar
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of accessibility solutions applicable to a student’s disability
Why this Bootcamp?
What makes the Salesforce Platform App Builder bootcamp from BIT different from others or from studying independently?
- The bootcamp is 100% remote, with class sessions held on the Google Meet platform
- Like all of BIT’s candidate services, the bootcamp is offered at no cost to students. The BIT Academy is fully funded by corporate sponsors, foundations, and individual donors who all believe in the BIT mission, as well as Voc Rehab funding, if available.
- We are the only Salesforce Authorized Training Provider with a focus on people with disabilities who serves students globally and the only Platform App Builder program designed specifically for Salesforce professionals with disabilities
- The bootcamp is taught by a 2x Certified Salesforce Admin and Platform App Builder with expertise in accessibility solutions such as screen readers, magnification software, etc.
- The bootcamp is designed both by and specifically for people with disabilities, including sensory, neurodevelopmental, and other conditions
- We focus on inclusion. True accessibility isn’t just accommodations for a disability, it’s including students in a way that they feel comfortable in their learning environment. If an accommodation is needed, it is likely available or can be made so with enough advance notice to put something in place
- We go beyond Trailhead to provide supplemental materials such as discussion posts, quizzes, and in-house produced written materials for our students. We aim to fully prepare those who participate in the bootcamp to sit for the Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam
- We offer opportunities to collaborate with other students, including student-organized study groups, “office hours” provided by instructional staff, and one-on-one sessions with instructional staff, when requested.
What happens after the Bootcamp?
BIT is a registered apprenticeship provider with the US Department of Labor. We offer paid, competency-based apprenticeships to students who complete the bootcamp and meet qualifying benchmarks. Apprentices work on real client projects, gaining valuable experience for up to 20 hours per week. International students are considered interns for legal reasons, but receive an identical experience. We work with our employer partners to place our apprentices in contract and direct hire positions in the Salesforce ecosystem
You must have at least ONE of the following
- Take a look at the Platform App Builder Exam Guide
- Get a sneak peek at our study trail and get a head start
- Email us for questions about this bootcamp or general academy info. You can also attend one of our upcoming Open House events.
Upcoming Salesforce Platform App Builder Bootcamps
Currently, the Platform App Builder bootcamp is held twice a year. Important dates for 2023 are listed below. Please note that there is a preregistration period to gauge student interest. Registration is separate and students must complete the prerequisites listed above prior to submitting their registration form.
- First Quarter 2023
- September 19-October 31, 2022: Preregistration Open
- November 1-November 28, 2022: Registration
- Week of January 9, 2023: Classes begin
- Week of February 13, 2023: Classes end
- Third Quarter 2023
- March 13-April 24, 2023: Preregistration
- April 25-May 22: Registration
- Week of July 3, 2023: Classes begin
- Week of August 7, 2023: Classes end