ACCESSIBLE TECHNOLOGY TESTING & CONSULTING
BRINGING ACCESSIBILITY TO YOUR DIGITAL LANDSCAPE
Discover how easy it is to make accessible products and services.
There are millions of people with disabilities in the United States alone. Many of them are potential customers and employees if only an organization could make its offerings and internal environment accessible. What if there was an “easy button” you could press?
Introducing BIT’s ACCESSIBLE TECHNOLOGY TESTING & CONSULTING services.
We put your technology through a rigorous testing regimen using actual members of the disabled community. By having members of this community test your products and services, we ensure you get the best feedback possible. As a non-profit, we also guarantee you get the best bang for your buck using our completely transparent pricing model. Whether you’re testing a product, website, or your internal organization environment, we can meet your needs.
OUR ASSESSMENT PROCESS FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERS DEEP ANALYSIS AT A LOW PRICE:
- Feedback produced by real members of the disabled community, so you get the most realistic assessment possible
- Detailed list of accessibility errors based on WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 compliance
- An executive summary giving you an at-a-glance accessibility assessment
- Suggestions and assistance for resolving each and every accessibility error found
- Highly granular reports, like browser-level feedback on a website, lets you efficiently target problems
- Our fully transparent pricing model allows you to craft a highly customized assessment plan while sticking to your budget
PREPARE YOUR ORGANIZATION FOR BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED EMPLOYEES:
- We send a member of the BVI community to you, in order to assess your organization’s internal environment
- Receive guidance on how to get the most out of your assessment,
from pre-visit preparation to post-visit support
- Sit your technical team down with our highly qualified resources for smooth resolution of accessibility errors
The Blind Institute of Technology™ (BIT) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that strives to reduce the excessively high unemployment rate among the blind and visually impaired (BVI) community in America.
Led by Executive Director Mike Hess, BIT aims to help solve this unemployment and diversity and inclusion epidemic by educating employers about the advantages of working with talented and skilled BVI individuals, and through professional certification and training, inclusive technology and other programs. Mike left an 18-year career in IT to found BIT in 2013.